Sunday, April 27, 2008

Final Project

My argument essay was about the Brite Divinity School giving an award to Rev. Jeremiah Wright for ministry almost the last 40 years. I disagree with Brite on giving this award to a man who has been publicly racist and anti-American during his preaching. There has been much controversy surrounding Rev. Wright, and I want to let people know, especially members of Brite Divinity School, why it was a terrible decision. It is absurd to give an award to anyone who says, "God Damn America," and calls their country the "U.S. of KKK A."

For my final project, the medium that I have chosen is to make a sign representing my position. I felt that it would be much more appropriate to use a sign because the audience I am targeting is a smaller more local group. I want to make it very appealing by grabbing the audience's attention through colors and comments on my sign. By using a sign, I feel I can mix images with words that will be captivating to my audience. It will bring a visual symbol of why Rev. Wright is wrong in what he is doing, and Brite for supporting him. My idle location would be to put the sign/signs around Brite Divinity and around the DFW area.

Overall, I plan on having an image that stands out with its colors and few words I plan on putting on it. The image will make people think about the situation more and see what a disappointing decision Brite made for their school and area around them.

No comments: