Saturday, January 26, 2008

Personal Essay Topic

The topic that I have chosen for my personal essay is my experience living with my brother who suffers with terrets, anxiety, and depression. I have chosen this topic because it has played a major role in my life since I was ten years old. Throughout those years and to now, I have always been asking myself why is this happening? What am I supposed to do? Will this ever stop, or will always have an uncomfortable feeling being around him, or talking about him? I have also always been trying to see how my own personality has changed during that time, and how I treat other people who might be dealing with the same or more severe problems.

3 comments:

Breanna said...

Your topic sounds like it is going to be a great way to explore how much of an impact your brother had on who you are as a person. Can you think of any significant moments that made you realize how your personality was impacted by your brother. Also, are there any memories that will help support and develop answers to your questions?

Breanna Kelly

Bob said...

Sounds like a very interesting topic that you can expand on and write a well developed essay. I will get some research on terrets, anxiety, and depression and see if you can figure out what causes them. Also talk about your relationship with your brother and how well ya’ll get along. Sounds like a good start to me.

April Patrick said...

This sounds like an excellent topic that will link together your personal experience and your thoughts. You seem to already have some useful questions guiding your thinking about the topic. I'm really looking forward to reading your draft on Friday!